Last week my friend Helen over at the fantastic food, fitness, and travel blog Food & Nonsense nominated me for a Liebster Award (thanks Helen!). As she described it, “It’s kind of like a chain letter, but for bloggers.” Now, I’ve never been a fan of chain letters but as there’s no threat of imminent death if I don’t participate, and as I’m a sucker for filling out quizzes and forms, and it means I get a day off from coming up with a blog topic. I decided to accept her challenge and answer the following questions…
List 5 words your friends would use to describe you.
Reliable, intelligent, funny, antisocial (I might be paranoid about the fact that all I do these days is work, run, cook, and sleep), fit
What is your absolute favourite food?
PEANUT BUTTER! Dill pickles are right up there too. Oh and cheese and chocolate….
If you could go to any restaurant in the world, where would you choose?
Is it weird that I don’t have an answer to this question? I love food but I’m kind of oblivious about restaurants (outside of my area at least). I’m gonna say Big Gay Ice Cream even though I’m not sure that an ice cream shop really qualifies as a restaurant. I’ve been dying to try a salty pimp ever since I heard about them years ago. I also follow them/him on twitter (@biggayicecream) and he’s hilarious.
Where would be top of your wish list as a travel destination and why?
There are so many places I want to go and so many things that I want to see. I’ve been really fortunate to have travelled a fair bit in my youth and while there are some places I’d like to see again I’d have to put the Galapagos Islands at the top of my list. Blame Kurt Vonnegut.
What’s your favourite TV show?
So. Many. I can’t pick just one. I think that I can narrow it down to just two though: Freaks and Geeks and The Wire.
What’s your biggest strength?
Tough one. Better than asking my greatest weakness (thanks for not asking that one Helen!) though. I suppose my stubbornness. That possibly answers both of those questions actually.
What’s your favourite way to workout?
On my own time, hard. I love to run but I also like to mix it up. I love kickboxing classes but I’ve been opting for home workouts for the past six months. I’m a firm believer in both cardio and strength training and a huge fan of the burpee.
What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Treat others as you want to be treated.
What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
Having the forum to vent and voice my opinions.
Tell us one thing we probably don’t know about you.
Depending who’s reading this, you may know very little, or far too much, about me. Most of you probably don’t know that I was a feminist at a very young age. When I was about 4 or 5 I decided that brown was my favourite colour because all girls were supposed to like pink and I wanted to be different!
Okay… Next phase of Liebster is to nominate 10 fellow bloggers. Here we go:
1. Hannah at Hodgepodge & Strawberries who writes about her experiences as a day-home owner, mother, and fantastic recaps of Little House on the Prairies.
2. Steve at OCD Survival – Firsthand Accounts & Peer Support; somewhat self-explanatory, but he’s also written about experiences hiking and had guest posts from others about other mental health disorders.
3. My mum at Thinkings who writes about whatever tickles her fancy.
4. Lindsey at The Healthy Hausfrau who is a fellow RD and ranter about nutrition, diets, and misinformation.
5. Mark McGill at Glipho who is another RD, who has written about healthy eating, weight management, and all things food.
6. Perryn at the Diet Duchess who writes about diet advice, etiquette, food reviews, and what dietitians eat (which I once wrote a guest post for).
7. Dallas at Eat Real Be Real NS a holistic nutritionist to be, who writes about her adventures in food.
8. Tanya at Dash Dine & Deadlift another RD who writes about nutrition, exercise, and science.
9. Nicole at Schokit’s Corner who writes about an awesome mishmash of nutrition, exercise, physiology, and always from a scientific standpoint.
10. Rosie at Gluten Free Rosie who is a dietetic student and shares fabulous recipes and other great info on her blog.
Should you guys choose to participate here are the Rules (made to be broken, naturally):
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
Here are the 10 questions for my nominees:
1. What is the last thing you ate?
2. Cilantro. YAY :D or Nay :( ? Discuss.
3. What’s the newest exercise you’ve learned?
4. What’s your favourite book? Convince me that I want to read it.
5. What’s your favourite recipe? Link if possible please!
6. Why do you blog?
7. List your top 3 favourite apps (I’m not talking pigs-in-a-blanket here).
8. What’s your dream job?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. Wild Card. Pick one of these Would You Rather Questions and give your answer.
Thanks for playing (and don’t feel badly if you don’t)!