In order of views, so not necessarily actually my “best” posts of the year, but the ones voted the most popular by the almighty clicks, I give you my top five posts of 2015:
5. Is Dove Making Women Fat? – A recent post about a study that made the headlines for its finding(?) that plus-sized models could encourage weight gain in the general population.
4. Forget about Nicole Whatsherface, Governments Demonstrate the Ultimate Fat Shaming – Remember that so-called comic who did that horrible rant on YouTube about how horrible fat people are? Well this post was about horrible weight-based government promoted “wellness” programmes. The stats were driven by a bunch of haters on reddit. Thanks guys!
3. The Truth About Weight Loss – Honestly, I couldn’t remember what this post was. It’s dishing out some hard truths about negative self-talk and weight management. Paired with a good click-bait (no goddammit, it’s not “click-bate”) headline it really pulled you in.
4. 5 Things Low-Carb Gurus Don’t Want You to Know – As much as I hate those “lists” it seems that people really love them. This was a take-down of a post about the “10 things dietitians say about low-carb diets that don’t make sense”.
5. Sorry, Dietitians Just Aren’t Sexy – By far my most popular post of all time. Primarily because I really hit a chord (most in agreement, others not so much) with my fellow RDs. This was my only post (so far) to go viral and it was crazy exciting and weird. It’s a short one that I hammered out in no time so if you missed it last January, go on, give it a read.
Thanks for another great year all! It’s your shares and clicks and comments that keep me going and growing year after year. Here’s to a great 2016 together. x0